As a small business owner, you know how important it is to have a strong online presence. After all, potential customers are looking for you on the internet – and if they can’t find you, they may go to your competitor down the street.
Google My Business is especially important for businesses with a brick-and-mortar location that want to improve their local SEO. When customers search for businesses in their area, Google pulls information from Google My Business listings to create a Local Pack – a list of three businesses with their names, addresses, phone numbers, and ratings. Google also uses information from Google My Business listings to create Knowledge Graph cards and local results.
That’s why having an up-to-date business profile is essential for local SEO. A recent study showed that 97% of consumers use the internet when looking for local businesses – so if your profile isn’t accurate or complete, you could be losing out on valuable customers.
Updating your profile is easy and only takes a few minutes. But don’t just take our word for it – read on to learn more about why this simple task is essential for your small business's success.
What is Google My Business (GMB)?
Google My Business is a free platform that allows local businesses to manage their online presence across Google, including Search and Maps. By creating and verifying a Google Business Profile, businesses can control the information that appears when customers search for them online. This can include the business name, business address, phone number, business hours (including holiday hours), website, and photos. Google My Business also makes it easy for customers to put positive or negative reviews, which can help businesses to build trust and credibility. In addition, businesses can use Google My Business to post updates and special offers, helping to keep customers informed about what's happening. Overall, Google My Business is an essential tool for any business that wants to reach potential clients online.
How To Create A GMB Profile For Your Business
If you want to make sure your business is seen by potential clients, creating a Google Business Profile is a great way to do it. Google Business Profiles appear in Google Maps and Google search results, making them an essential tool for businesses that want to be visible online.
Creating a GMB listing is simple and only takes a few minutes. First, you'll need to create a Google account if you don't already have one. Then, go to google.com/business and click "Start now." Enter your business name and business address. You'll also be asked to choose a category for your business. Once you've done that, you'll be able to add additional details about your business, such as opening hours, services offered, and photos.
You can also use your listing to connect with customers through Google Reviews. Google Reviews are a great way to build trust with prospective customers and let them know what others think of your business. To leave a review, customers simply need to search for your business on Google Maps or Google search and click on the "Reviews" tab.
Creating a GMB profile is a quick and easy way to make sure your business is seen by potential clients online. So if you haven't already created one, now is the time!
Why Updating Your GMB Profile Is Essential For Local SEO
One of the primary benefits of Google Business Profile is that it provides customers with accurate and up-to-date NAP information about your business, such as your hours of operation, contact information, and reviews. This is essential for both local SEO and customer satisfaction.
Another benefit of business Profile is that it allows you to post photos, videos, and other content that can help improve your visibility on Google Search and Maps. For example, you can use photos and videos to showcase your products or services, highlight special offers, or simply provide potential customers with a virtual tour of your business. Finally, Google Business listing also gives you the ability to track analytics so that you can see how customers are interacting with your listing. This data can be invaluable for understanding what's working well and making necessary changes to improve your local SEO.
Overall, Business Profile is a powerful tool that should be utilized by all businesses that want to improve their local SEO. Not only does it provide customers with accurate and up-to-date information, but it also allows you to post engaging content and track valuable analytics. If you're not already using Google listings, now is the time to start.
Benefits Of Having A Complete And Up-To-Date GMB Profile
By creating and verifying a GMB profile, businesses can appear more prominently in relevant search results, helping them to attract more customers. In addition, a small business with a verified Google business profile can take advantage of features such as Google My Business Posts and manage Google Reviews, which can further improve its visibility and online reputation. While creating a GMB profile is free and relatively easy to do, it's important to make sure that the information included is accurate and up-to-date. Inaccurate or outdated business information could lead potential customers astray, so it's important to take the time to regularly check and update your GMB profile. Doing so could pay big dividends in terms of attracting new customers and growing your business.
Optimize GMB Listing For Maximum Impact
GMB is one of the most crucial local SEO listings that can help to improve your website ranking and visibility. It provides your business with an extra edge over your competitors. Google uses GMB to provide Google users with accurate information about businesses in their area. When you optimize your Google business profile, you're making it easier for Google to find and display your business information. As a result, you'll see an increase in website traffic and inquiries.
To get started, sign into Google My Business and claim or create your business listing. Then, fill out as much information as possible, including your business name, address, phone number, hours of operation, website URL, and primary category. Be sure to use keywords throughout your Google business profile so that Google can easily match your business with relevant Google searches. You should also add photos and videos to help potential customers learn more about your business. Finally, encourage customers to give positive feedback to show Google that your business is trustworthy and popular. By taking these steps, you can ensure that your Google business profile is optimized to maximize visibility.
Tips For Keeping Your GMB Profile Updated And Accurate
One of the best ways to ensure that your business listing is accurate and up-to-date is to regularly check and update it as needed. Here are a few tips to help you keep your GMB profile accurate and up-to-date:
1. Make sure your business name, address, and phone number are correct and up-to-date.
2. Add photos and videos to showcase your business. Google allows you to add up to 10 photos and 1 video to your business profile.
3. Keep your business hours accurate and up-to-date. Google allows you to add special hours for holidays and other events.
4. Choose the right business category. Google allows you to select up to 3 categories for your business listing. Select categories that accurately reflect what kind of business you have.
5. Add a business description. Google allows you to add a 750-character description of your business. Use this space to briefly describe what kind of products or services you offer, and what sets your business apart from others in your industry.
6. Use Google Posts to share timely updates about your business. Google Posts are a great way to share news, announcements, and other timely updates about your business with potential customers who search for your business on Google. Google allows you to add up to 10 Google Posts per week, so be sure to take advantage of this feature!
7. Respond to reviews left by customers on your business listing. Google allows customers to leave reviews for businesses on their Google listing. Be sure to respond promptly and professionally to any online reviews left for your business – positive or negative reviews!
8. Encourage customers to give reviews on your business listing. One way to encourage customers to leave reviews is by displaying a “Google Customer Reviews” badge on your website or in your place of business. You can also include a link to your Google Business listing in email signatures, social media posts, or other marketing materials.
9. Claim ownership of your Google Business listing If you haven’t already claimed ownership of your Google My Business listing, be sure to do so as soon as possible. Claiming ownership gives you access to additional features and tools that can help you manage and improve your Google Business listing.
Following these tips will help you keep your GMB accurate and up-to-date, which will help potential customers find accurate business information about visits or contact when they search for it online. As a result, taking the time benefits both you and your prospects or customers.
Creating and maintaining an accurate, up-to-date existing business profile is essential for local SEO success. Google My Business provides potential customers with the basic information they need to find your business, learn about your products or services, and contact you. By optimizing your Google Business profile for maximum impact and keeping it updated regularly, you can make sure that your business is always visible in SERPs and that potential customers have everything they need to connect with you.